There are many small business web solutions available today to help a local business owner take massive action to generate more profits. Unfortunately, many small, local business owners are not taking advantage of the largely untapped local marketing source called the Internet.
Small business web solutions like Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a fairly new, and unfamiliar, discipline for many local businesses. Think about it, SEO has really only been around for a decade or so and many businesses have not tapped in to this powerful marketing tool. Instead, they are stuck in their old habits of using the Yellow Pages, newspaper ads, or direct mail. While these methods still work, they are expensive and hard to track.
The Internet on the other hand offers small businesses the ability to use inexpensive, many times even free, advertising methods to generate traffic to their website, phone calls to their office, or more customers into their stores. Once a business owner welcomes this new advertising media with open arms, they will be able to take full advantage of the small business web solutions available to them.
As a business owner, your goals when advertising on the internet are some of the following:
- Generate targeted leads to your sales staff
- Generate phone calls to your office from potential customers
- Generate direct sales from your website
- Increase traffic to your store (or place of business)
- To build an email list you can advertise to directly
You do not simply want to have a website brochure out there that is not generating targeted traffic and generating leads for your business. This is just one of the mistakes many small business make when spending valuable resources on website design.
Your website can be, and should be, a tool to generate unlimited leads and new paying customers for your business. Don’t make the mistake of getting a fancy, high-tech website created only to have it sit online never to be found by your potential clients.
Here are some of the free tools available for small business owners to increase their web presence:
1. Google Places – free business listing on Google. This tool integrates your website ranking and your Google Places listing to help “local” customers find your business.
2. Citation Listings – there are many local listing services out their just waiting to help your customers find your business. Some examples are Yelp.com, InsiderPages.com, and SuperPages.com. Simply register or verify your business listing and your chances of being found are increased greatly.
3. Local Directories – like the citation services, there are many local business directories that have high rankings in the search engines so when some searches for your type of business, you can be found.
There are many other services available to help small businesses get found online. Tap in to this market and you can expect a prosperous future.